Friday, May 31, 2013

Tape deck ink storage.

Finally Friday, wahoo!  Awhile back I saw this cool storage idea where people were using an old cassette tape holder to store their ink pads.  I began keeping my eye out for one, because I've never been happy with the way I've stored my inks.

I found one a few months ago at a local thrift shop, but there was just something about it that wasn't right.  So I passed on it.  Fast forward to last Friday.  Abie wanted to go to the thrift shop (thank you Macklemore) and guess what I found?  The perfect cassette tape holder, for only $2.99!


All of my Momento ink pads fit, CTMH, PTI (the old style), Tim Holtz distress inks and Versamagic chalk inks fit.  What doesn't fit?  Cats eye inks, PTI cubes, Versamark watermark pads and Colorbok chalk inks.  They were all just too fat :)  I'm hoping to rig something up where I can have them set up on top of my new ink station :)  I'm in transition right now anyway, while some of the basement furniture is up in the new craft room so I've got some time to figure it out.

This week has just flown by.  I'm sure it's the holiday, but work has been a little crazy too, which always helps to pass the time!  I'm excited for the weekend.  Mike and I are going to a concert Saturday and I can't wait!  What are your plans this weekend?  Anything fun?  Thanks for stopping in and I'll be back soon :)

10 comments:

  1. Oh - and now I'll be singing Thrift Shop all day!

    I'm gonna pop some tags - I got $20 in my pocket

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, this is brilliant! I wonder if you could take out the divider at the bottom to have a fatter row? Who are seeing in concert?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, nice find Becky!! I'd love to have something like that, just not sure where I would put it, I'm SO tight on space... (boo!) Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You left us hanging....what concert are you and the hubby going to??? Great find on the stamp storage! You can't beat $2.99!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Score!!!
    This is an awesome find and a great price :)
    I was looking for something like this for my inks..never found one..so...I made my own :)
    Are they glued in, or can you take the top divider shelf out?
    You are a tease...what concert?
    Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It pays to wait...this is great and the price is even better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been on the lookout for one of those but have yet to find one. I'm sure thrift store will see an influx in business since that song!lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool!! I hope you guys had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great find!! I always look for these at thrift shops but so far have only found ones that were in really bad shape.

    ReplyDelete