Monday, April 1, 2013

Masculine cards and anonymous commenters

Good Monday morning to you!  I hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend.  We had gorgeous weather here for most of the weekend, and you know how I love to be outside when it's like that!  On Saturday we had our big family birthday, spring, Easter party and I needed three masculine cards.  That is quite the challenge for me.  Thank goodness for my new Simple Stories 6x6 paper pad!  It made making these cards a breeze!

This one was for my oldest nephew, who is now 13!


I love how inside the paper pad there are journaling cards that are the perfect size for cards!  It really made this card come together quickly and I love how masculine these papers are!

Quick question...  Have you guys been getting a lot of anonymous comments on you blog posts?  I've always gotten a couple here and there, but it's been really bad lately and starting to annoy me ;)  I tried doing to comment approval thing, but then I couldn't figure out how to approve my comments, took me forever anyway, and I really DON'T want to put word verification on.  Are those my only two options?  Thanks!!

I hope you had a beautiful weekend and are looking forward to a great week ahead!  Thanks for stopping by today and I'll see you tomorrow!!

13 comments:

  1. LOVE this card and love that line from Simple Stories! I often turn to that collection when making masculine cards as well but I don't have the 6x6 pad so it's harder to use...you did a fantastic job with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a perfect perfect card!! awesome job!!

    glad you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect card for a 13 year old! I finally blocked anonymous comments. I was getting so many and I was so frustrated. I know I may be missing out on a few comments, but people can always email me and it is worth is not to have the hassle of the crazy comments. Just my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very nice card. I always have a hard time making anything for boys with all this girlyness in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great masculine card, Becky. I struggle with those. There's an option for you to allow only comments from registered users. I changed mine to that and haven't gotten an anonymous comment since.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice seeing masculine cards, almost everything I see is geared towards females. I've been getting TONS of spam/anonymous comments. I hate word verification so I took that off and just have comment moderation on. It's much easier than deleting the unnecessary spam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Card is great / boy cards are hard! I finally ended up deleting my blog ... wasn't posting regularly and I was getting TONS of spam comments. Instagram is my current way of sharing craft pictures and such ... Are you on? I'm dmg314. Quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card why do we all not like doing cards for men. Its because we can't live without our buttons and ribbons, LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend :)
    I love the sentiment on this card, perfect card for a teen boy :)
    I have been getting a lot of anonymous comments as well, most are on my older posts...so I check to see if they made it on my actual blog post and delete it if it is.
    But it is a real pain in the arse.
    I swear before you could click off anonymous comments, but I didn't see it this time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the card! It is very masculine :)

    I was getting a ton of anonymous comments a while ago. So I just set my comments so you can't make anonymous ones anymore. Under "settings", then "posts and comments" chose that only "registered users" can make comments. That should stop them :) I haven't gotten one since I did that. Of course, I tried to go back to everyone after a while, but I got the anonymous comments again, so now I always leave it as registered users only!

    ReplyDelete
  11. another very nice and simple card .. very nice...

    ReplyDelete