Thursday, April 18, 2013

Instagram photos to blog?

Hey there!  How have you all been?  I feel like it's been years since I posted, but I guess it's just been a little over a week.  Sorry to leave you all like that.  I've been working away on the Rolodexes for my friend and I think they're coming together nicely :) 

Let me ask you this.  How do you post your photos from Instagram to your blog?  Is there a trick to it?  Also, what about those pictures you take with the Instagram app, but you don't actually post to Instagram.  Is there a way to get those on your blog?  Always before, with cell phone pics, I would email them to myself and get them to my blog that way, but they always turned out kind of funny looking.  I'm thinking there has to be an easier way.  Any help would be much appreciated!!

Abie had her last volleyball tournament on Saturday and that night Landry started running a fever.  She was all better by Sunday though.  We've had a lot of rain here this week, which is good because I need to be inside finishing up the Rolodex project!

Sorry to not have a picture for you today.  Hopefully I'll be back Friday with some peeks at the project.  Thanks for hanging in there with me and I'll see you soon.  Have a wonderful Thursday!!

11 comments:

  1. Becky - if you go to your feed, click on the picture you want. To the right of the word "comment" there's a ... button. Click on that and you can email your picture to yourself. Not sure about pix taken with IG but not posted. I take all my pictures with my phone camera then post them to IG. Hope that helps a bit.

    Dawn
    dmg314

    ReplyDelete
  2. great question becky! i was wondering the same thing the other day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually put them on Facebook or Flickr. I have an option to add to Facebook or a few other sites when I create them on Instagram. Otherwise, I have been unable to find a way to use any photos directly from the Instagram site (I have an android app) on my blog. I have to get them from Facebook or Flickr.
    Won't let you pin to Pinterest either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wanted to add, that Dawn is right about being able to email to self. Once the photo is downloaded to Instagram, I have three little circles to the right of the heart and comment button. Click on that and it gives lots of options like posting to the sites I mentioned and email.

      Delete
    2. Ugh...sorry for so many comments in a row! When I say it won't let you pin, it won't using a pin button in your tool bar. But that little button that lets you email, will let you pin, too! :)
      Scary weather here in STL today!

      Delete
  4. Good question....I just got a smart phone with instagram so I will have to figure it out...I have to take a couple pics first though, still trying to figure out the basics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had a few days here blogging that I have posted my instagram photos to my blog....because as you know I blog everyday.
    I go to my photos (all my photos are there even the ones I have edited for instagram)thought the photo you want, on the bottom left there is a box with an arrow. touch the arrow and it will let you email it to yourself.
    I just have to figure out to post to my blog on my phone...with photos then all will be right this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are ya'll using iPhones? Just plug your iPhone into your computer and sync your photos. It will sync anything that's on your camera roll (including instagram pics that you took and did or did not post to instagram). You shouldn't need to email each individual photo, but you certainly could. I take so many pictures, that method would take me forever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becky, Don't really have anything new to add to all the great comments above, but when I want to use a few, I just email them to myself and the quality is usually pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have just attach my phone to my computer and upload them to my photos. When I want to put them on my blog, I just upload the specific ones I want. There may be an easier way but I like making sure I have copies of all the photos in my own files. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I have nothing to add, because I don't have instagram, but I'm just excited that you posted :)

    ReplyDelete